A Look Back at Caitlyn Murray's 2016 Softball Season


Caitlin Murray had her best season as a pitcher for the Carteret High School Ramblers softball team. She had to give herself a pat on the back for the way she played.

"I am beyond proud of my self for the season that I had," Murray said, "Going into the season, I wanted to do better than I did last year, which meant I had to put more time into practice to be able to fulfill my goal."

Last season, Murray allowed 127 runs and only struck out 52 batters. In 2016, she allowed 116 runs, but reached a milestone of 122 strikeouts. She'll never forget the day she recorded her 100th strikeout.

"It was a special day because I had most of my family and friends there to watch me," she said, "but the best part was knowing that on my grandma's first day out of the house after surgery, she came to watch this special moment."

While there was bright moments in her season, there were also the dark ones. Whenever we are losing a game, I will get really hard on myself and think it's my fault that we are losing," Murray said, "If I throw a pitch and miss the spot I am supposed to hit, and the batter hits, it I won't hear the end of it from my coach, which will make me work harder to make sure next time I throw the pitch it will be in the right spot."

She was also impressive at the plate, recording 36 hits, scoring 22 runs, 30 RBIs and three home runs.

While the Carteret Ramblers softball season has come to an end, Murray's playing time has not. She will be playing on a travel softball team throughout the summer and will be traveling to places such as Disney World's ESPN World Wide of Sports Complex in Orlando, upstate New York, Maryland and more. 

She has also said that she will be playing basketball again in Sept.

Comments

  1. Great season ,keep pushing yourself you will only get better.Best of luck this summer.God Bless!
    Dino

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Incredible Story of Audrey Walker

Volleyball Falls to Ocean County