Caitlyn Murray Prepares for Most Stressful Year

Carteret High School varsity softball pitcher Caitlyn Murray will be playing what she calls her most stressful season this year, her junior year.

"Junior year has always been known to be the most stressful year for a student athlete," Murray said. "Between school, jobs, softball and family it's very hard to manage your time wisely. But it's better to learn now so that when college comes around your prepared."

Murray visited the University of South Florida this past fall for not just a softball tournament, but also a campus visit. She's also visited East Stroudsburg University in Pennsylvania for a college visit as well as softball camp.  She will also be making a trip to Orlando, FL for a campus visit on the University of Central Florida.

While this year is a stressful one when it comes to softball, the stress began before Murray even began practicing.

"I hits some bumps in the road before pre season but overcame it and I'm happy to say I'm stronger going into this season than I would have predicted thanks to two people who have helped me as much as they could," she said.

The bump in the road was a minor knee injury she suffered a few months ago. The injury limited her, but so very little.

As for the two people she said have helped her, those would be her athletic trainer, who she referred to as Ms. A, and her coach who she refers to as Miss Mac.


"[Ms.A] helped me by doing physical therapy as much as she could to get me healthy and stronger than I was before, while also teaching me things about the injury that I never knew about," she said.  "She [Miss Mac] has been hands down one of the hardest coaches I ever had, but also one of my favorite. She never took no for a answer while training, and knows what my highest potential is, so she doesn't accept anything but my best while training. As much as I want to stop at times, she always knows the right words to say to keep me going."

The Carteret softball team begins their season on April 1 when they take on Mother Seton High School. They will play eight scrimmages between March 10 and March 29.

Even after the season ends, Murray will continue to play softball. She will play travel softball throughout the summer, traveling to Georgia, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and other states, competing in all different showcases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look Back at Caitlyn Murray's 2016 Softball Season

The Incredible Story of Audrey Walker

Volleyball Falls to Ocean County