Caitlyn Murray Set for Senior Year at Carteret High School


Caitlyn Murray is headed into her senior year, her final year at Carteret High School. This year is different than the last three for many different reasons, but none are bigger than the absence of 

"If you know me, you know how important Ms.A is to me. She is so much more than a athletic trainer for me," she said. "During the school year she is my 'mom' when my mom isn't around, and I know she will protect me like my own mom would. 

"It's crazy to think that these past three years I have spent the majority of the time sitting in her office. I have learned so much from her over the years, in and out of sports. Whenever I was down or having a bad day she knew right away, and always knew how to put a smile back on my face.

"I could go on and on about how much she has done for me, [but we would be here forever!] I just hope she knows how much of an impact she has had on my life, and that she is truly irreplaceable," Murray concluded.

Aside from Ms. A leaving, senior will also be different for Murray because this is the year where she will be choosing which college she will be attending beginning Fall 2018. Her top choice appears to be East Stroudsburg University (ESU) in PA.

"ESU has stood out from all the other schools for a few reasons. I hear nothing but good things coming from students graduating from my intending major," she said of her top choice. "They have a great softball program. And the campus is close enough to home where I can still see my family and friends sitting in the stands for games, but it's also far enough where I can learn to grow along the way. 

"Before I make my college decision, a part in my decision is knowing that I will have someone near by incase I ever need to just get away for a day and just knowing I have someone. And ESU will allow me to have everything I have always wanted in a school," she said. Her two other choices are Winthrop University and Kean University. She is looking to go into athletic training.

School, working at a local pizzeria, games, tryouts for the NJ Breakers. Not many people can stay awake, let alone have the energy to do what Murray has been able to do. 

"I will be honest, it is tough. But any student athlete will say the same,"'she said. "Time management is something that you will need for college and while you prepare for the real world. So athletes get to start preparing at a earlier age. I was lucky enough to have a outstanding support system behind me every step of the way. My family has been the best with supporting me with every decision that I made. 

"My friends have sacrificed so much for me, due to the fact that my schedule isn't the easiest to work around. But when I do get time to hang out with friends, it does mean a lot to know I will always have them by my side no matter what. 

"I have said their names numerous times over the years, but Miss Mac and Ms.A have been a huge help with helping me with school work, college, softball, showing me where my priorities should be. Just everything you could think of they have helped me find the road to success."

Murray is wrapping up a series of summer softball tournaments and will be trying out for the NJ Breakers hoping to play for them during the fall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look Back at Caitlyn Murray's 2016 Softball Season

The Incredible Story of Audrey Walker

Volleyball Falls to Ocean County