Caitlyn Murray Hits Milestone in 2017


Caitlyn Murray wrapped up her best season of softball yet this past Friday. However, one thing Murray will never forget is how she prepared for the season before it even began.

"[I took this preseason] a little more seriously knowing I could do big things in such a short amount of time," she said. "I trained extremely hard since I didn't play basketball this past season. I had to make up for that so I could go into the season ahead. So what better trainer is there to have than Miss Mac. 

Since she knows [me] very well and only wants to see me succeed, practice wasn't always all fun and games, but it allowed me to go into the season physically and mentally ready. 

Murray said she did all sort of activity from working out to practicing with the Ramblers softball team to even practicing with a travel team on the weekend. 

She even reached a milestone, recording her 100th hit. However, there was a technicality on when she actually recorded the 100th hit.

"Before getting onto the bus [for a game against South Brunswick], my head coach gathered everyone around and said there was a mishap my freshman year and two of my hits weren't recorded. So long story short I went into that game with 101 hits. So technically I got my 100th hit at home against Colonia," she said.

Despite going into the game against South Brunswick with more than 100 hits, Murray still celebrated her milestone after the game. Her family brought her flowers, balloons and all sorts of gifts. 

"My parents have been my #1 supporters and my #1 critics when it came to preparing me for the season, and without them pushing me I wouldn't have reached this," she said. There was one missing piece to the puzzle, however. Her brother was unable to be at her side.

Unfortunately, Carteret's season ended in the first round of the state tournament. The loss hurt, according to Murray.

"Losing a game that ended 4-2 was a heartbreaker," she said. "When you're in a game that close, you are just hoping the other team makes the slightest mistake so you're team can rally off of that. 

Yes, I wish we could have won that game and kept the season going, but I the end we had a very good record and we will just come back stronger than before next season."

Despite the loss in the first round, Murray and the Ramblers finished 17-6 (Murray finished 15-5 on the mound). She was very proud of her performance in 2017.

This isn't the end, either. Murray will be joining the New Jersey Breakers under-18 team this summer. She will be traveling to Georgia, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania and a few other states. 

As far as college, she's still undecided on her choice of school. 


"I'm still looking around to try and find my best fit," she said. "East Stroudsburg and University Of Central Florida have really caught my eye these last couple months. And I'm hoping good things can come out of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Look Back at Caitlyn Murray's 2016 Softball Season

The Incredible Story of Audrey Walker

Volleyball Falls to Ocean County